While the types of businesses in Pennsylvania vary greatly, there are some practices that every business can implement. All business can set goals to reduce all non-operational water uses—such as bathrooms and cafeterias—by installing water-efficient fixtures and appliances and implementing conservation practices.
What Can You Do?
- Install efficient faucets and showerheads.
- Install efficient toilets.
- Install efficient urinals.
- Install water-efficient dishwashers (PDF).
- Install efficient pre-rinse spray valves (PDF).
- Install front-loading or other water-efficient clothes washers.
- Read the Using Water Efficiently: Ideas for Commercial Businesses fact sheet.
- Communicate need for using water efficiently to your customers.
- Highlight your successes publicly and share them with SaveWaterPA!
WaterSense makes it easy to find water-efficient products that meet efficiency and performance criteria set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. WaterSense labeled products are backed by independent third-party testing and certification.
The Alliance for Water Efficiency is a national nonprofit organization that promotes water efficiency research, evaluation, and education.
ENERGY STAR Commercial Food Service Equipment lists energy- and water-efficient commercial food service equipment that can reduce water use and save money.
The ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager helps businesses track and assess energy and water consumption and goals within individual buildings, as well as across an entire building portfolio.